Metatrader 4 build 600 changes
As most of you know, metaquotes has update Metarader 4 to build 600.
MetaTrader 5 - How to Enable DLL Imports when Using Custom Indicators on MT4 and MT5
Build 600 brings about massive changes from the previous stable version of build 509. For example, trade execution time has been reduced because MT4 terminal does not have to establish a second connection with the broker’s MT4 server in order to send trade orders.
Read about all the changes and new features of build 600 here.
- With such improvements there has to be changes within the internal directories of MT4.
- Your indicators will no longer install the way you used to
- This guide will show you exactly how to install them in the new build 600++
3 steps to install your custom indicators into MT4 build 600
Step 1 – Go to file –> Open Data Folder (note you must follow this step, this is not the same as going to C:\program files\MT4 terminal.
You will see in step 2 that the directory is stored in C:\users\your name\appdata\roaming\Metaquotes\Terminal…)
Step 2 – Double click on MQL4 –> double click on Indicators
Step 3 – Paste the .ex4 file into the indicators folder
Restart your MT4 terminal and you will see your custom indicator appear!
If you found our guide useful, let us help you reduce your trading costs!
- Receive 20% to 50% commission discounts with multiple brokers
- Your spreads remain exactly the same