So, a while back I wrote "What Are The Best CPU Coins To Mine" on steemit, since then I've tried the following coins, and I may have better suggestions:
CryptoNite Algorithm Based Coins:
- ByteCoin (BCN): Can easily mine about 100 coins in a few hours;
- QuazarCoin (QCN): Takes a few hours to mine 1 coin!
- AEON: Takes a few hours to mine 0.1 coin but the coin value isn't bad!
- DigitalNote (XDN): Takes a lot of time to mine on CPU!
- FantomCoin (FCN): Takes ages to mine a single coin!
- Monero (XMR): Difficulty is too high!
HODL Algorithm Based Coins:
- HODL Coin (HODL): Coins are easy to mine, but the value of coin is quite low and also it doesn't mine too many coins in short time.
- EuropeCoin (ERC): Value of coin is alright, and it's mine-able on CPU, but you won't be able to mine too many coins in short period of time.
This Bitcoin Mining Farm Made $17 Million AFTER Expenses in 3 Months!
- Lbry.io Credits: Think GPU-mining is better suited for this (as they also suggest on their website).
- GridCoin (GRC): Takes a lot of time, with a lot less return!
- NovaCoin (NVC): Doesn't mine too many coins, might yield better results on GPU (as it's based on SCRYPT).
- Karbowanec (KRB): Tried their own software (which looked good) but yielded no coin in an hour or two.
Laptop I Used To Mine:
MacBook Pro mid-2015 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB RAM*
- Before you jump on to mining on an expensive machine please be aware that most miners out there aren't optimized to be used on a MacBook and can damage it by over-heating, so use with caution!
Also, you may want to keep in mind the amount of power mining uses, and what you mine on a CPU versus the electricity cost, might not yield enough profit for you. In such a scenario, you can try cloud mining or try getting free coins using various faucets on the internet.
Here's how I would rank the top 5 CPU-coins I was able to mine (based on ease-of-use, most amount of coins mined, and the value of the coin):
- ByteCoin (BCN)
- EuropeCoin (ERC)
- HODL Coin (HODL)
- QuazarCoin (QCN)
ByteCoin is a winner in many regards because:
- It's easy to mine;
- It yields most coins in little time;
- It's value is not that great, but also not too bad;
- It's still available to exchange on most exchanges (although I personally use Cryptopia).
If you know of some coins I may have missed, please mention in the comments section below.
Upvote if you like the post, thanks :)!